Look at the reviews for the top Korean aloe vera gels including brands like Etude House, Innisfree, Holika Holika and Nature Republic. Also check out the benefits of a K-beauty aloe vera gel.
Aloe vera gel has now become a cult-beauty ingredient. People swear by it! And the best Korean aloe vera gel combines the goodness of aloe with the effectiveness of K-beauty products.
What’s green, healthy, and refreshing? Aloe vera! This little plant has enjoyed celebrity status in the skincare world in the past few years. And for good reason too.
The gel extracted from the aloe plant is rich in several vitamins and minerals. It’s hydrating without being greasy so people love it as a moisturizer for oily skin.
Natural aloe vera gel also helps soothe inflammation and redness. A lot of korean skincare brands are now using this ingredient in their products.
|Korean Aloe Vera Gel||Best For||Chief Ingredients|
|Holika Holika Aloe 99% Soothing Gel||Inflamed, Sun Burnt Skin||Aloe Vera, Centella Asiatica, Watermelon Extracts|
|Nature Republic 92% Aloe Vera Gel||Acne-Prone Skin||Aloe Vera, Sodium Hyaluronate, Calendula, Spearmint|
|Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel||Mature Skin||Aloe Vera, Propolis, Matricaria Flower Extract|
|Tony Moly Aloe 99% Chok Chok Soothing Gel||Combination to Dry Skin||Aloe Vera, Glycerin, Water|
|Aromatica 95% Organic Aloe Vera Gel||Sensitive Skin||Aloe Vera, Hinoki Cypress Extract, Rosemary Extract|
|The Face Shop Jeju Aloe Fresh Soothing Gel||Oily Skin||Aloe Vera, Spearmint, Lemon Balm, Lavender, Basil, Bergamot, Sage|
|Isntree Aloe Soothing Gel||Skin Brightening||Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel, Licorice, Centella Asiatica|
Aloe Vera gel has many benefits for skin, hair and even overall health of your body.
How I tested the top Korean aloe vera gel?
I got the most famous Korean aloe vera gel brands like Holika Holika and Innisfree and used them myself. I then rated them on a scale of 1-5 based on certain parameters. These include:
- Concentration of Aloe – I first checked how much aloe vera is actually present in the gels and if they are truly
- Ingredients – Most aloe gels do contain some sort of filler like gel base or essential oils. And while these are not so bad I checked if the Korean aloe gels had fillers like perfumes, preservatives or silicones in them which aren’t good for skin.
- Price – Of course I checked if the quantity offered by the K-beauty brand matches the price or if the aloe gel has multiple functions for the price given or is it simply pure aloe based gel.
Top Korean Aloe Vera Gel 2022
We’ve created this list to find out which among these Korean skincare products is the best Korean aloe vera gel of 2022.
Holika Holika Aloe 99% Soothing Gel
Best Korean Aloe Vera Gel For Sunburnt Skin
I simply had to try this Korean aloe vera gel Holika Holika is a very popular K-beauty brand. I actually put this gel on the top because it’s got one of the highest concentrations of aloe vera in the market.
But what really makes this one stand out to me is the presence of other nourishing ingredients along with aloe vera.
I was impressed to find there are lotus extracts, which gives it anti-aging properties, cucumber extracts that soothe inflammation, and Centella extracts that give your skin a burst of antioxidants.
And when I used the aloe vera gel I could actually feel how their effects. My face felt instantly soothed and cool. I used this gel for a few weeks continuously and I could see a great reduction in dark spots and dry skin on my face.
I also liked that there are no harmful additives like BHT, mineral oil, parabens, or silicones here.
But my favorite part is how non-greasy and non-sticky this aloe gel feels on your skin. I think it’s just the thing for people with oily skin! The cucumber fragrance is also very pleasant.
Now I won’t give it a perfect score just for a few reasons. Firstly, while the scent is indeed very pleasant, it’s due to the presence of perfume in the gel. Also there are emulsifiers that are common in aloe gels but can cause distress to skin if you have psoriasis or acne.
Another thing I have to warn you about is how difficult it can get to remove aloe gel from the bottle. I wish this product had a different packaging!
- 99 percent pure aloe gel so it’s the most concentrated of the lot
- Non-stick and leaves no greasy film on skin
- Wonderful cucumber scent
- Contains lotus, bamboo, Centella Asiatica that soothe skin and control dark spots
- Contains added perfume that will not suit sensitive skin
- Difficult to get product from packaging
- Contains emulsifiers to improve consistency that can distress skin with rosacea
- Concentration of Aloe – 5/5
- Ingredients – 3.5/5
- Price – 4.5/5
Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel
Best Korean Aloe Vera Gel For Dry Skin
Another of the top Korean aloe vera gel is this product by Nature’s Republic, an affordable Korean skincare brand. With 92 percent pure aloe vera gel, this is one of our favorites on this list.
The main reason why we like this product is the added calendula extract. If you have acne, irritation, rashes, or any kind of sensitivity at all, this is the go-to aloe gel for you.
Calendula is packed with anti-inflammatory properties and is amazing for healing and whitening your skin. There’s also Melissa extract that prevents acne breakouts and minimize acne scars.
As it’s free of artificial dyes and fragrances, we recommend this product for peeps with sensitive skin type. And also, it’s fantastic for oily skin as it’s super light and non-sticky.
It does contain alcohol though. So we think people with dry skin should be wary of this one.
- Calendula extracts help control inflammation on skin
- The formula has a thin texture that is easily absorbed on to skin
- Non-sticky, non-greasy consistency that suits oily skin types
- Free from silicones and mineral oils so it won’t clog pores
- No artificial dyes or fragrances so it’s safe for sensitive skin
- Pleasant, natural scent
- Contains emulsifiers for thickening that won’t skin with severe acne, psoriasis or rosacea
- Contains alcohol that can dry out skin in long run
- Concentration of Aloe – 4.5/5
- Ingredients – 3.5/5
- Price – 4.5/5
Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel
Best Korean Aloe Vera Gel For Aging Skin
Okay so this is more of a gel that contains aloe vera than a “aloe vera gel”. But it’s simply one of the best K-beauty products out there.
If you’ve got acne scars, wrinkles or fine lines, I think this the best Korean aloe vera gel for you! While this doesn’t contain as much aloe concentrate like the products by Holika Holika, it’s still fantastic for your skin.
I used this aloe vera gel as I had very dry skin and this product worked like a charm.
I like how this aloe gel contains the 10 percent bee propolis extracts. Now this is a cult-beauty ingredient that helps skin heal, and improves elasticity. So I was excited to try it out.
But this product is not without it’s drawbacks. The formula has a creamy, rich consistency so it might not suit people with oily skin.
Also the propolis in the formula makes this a bit sticky and it can leave residue on skin. So let it get absorbed completely before applying any other skincare products or going outside.
- Contains healing propolis extract that nourishes dry, inflamed skin
- Contains cucumber and chamomile extracts that soothe irritated skin
- Free from mineral oil, silicone, paraben, and other harmful substances
- No artificial dyes or fragrances so it’s suitable for sensitive skin
- Can leave a sticky residue on skin because of the propolis in the formula
- Concentration of Aloe – 4/5
- Ingredients – 5/5
- Price – 4/5
Tony Moly Aloe 99% Chok Chok Soothing Gel
Best Korean Aloe Vera Gel For Sensitive Skin
Another high concentration Korean aloe gel is this one by popular brand Tony Moly. Apart from aloe, the Chok Chok contains Camellia extracts which is an excellent anti-inflammatory agent.
This gel helps reduce redness, acne breakouts, and normalizes the production of sebum too.
It’s also got rosewood and lemon essential oils which gives it that amazing, natural scent.
- Has 99 percent pure aloe vera gel
- Natural scent from essential oils
- Acne-fighting tea tree oil formula
- Contain alcohol which can dry out skin
- Contains emulsifiers for thickening
Aromatica 95% Organic Aloe Vera Gel
Best Korean Aloe Vera Gel For Hair
There are several reasons why we love the Aromatica Aloe Vera Gel. It’s got a healthy, 95 percent concentration of aloe vera extracts. And the best part? It’s completely organic and USDA-approved.
This gel is also good if you’re a vegan and want something cruelty-free. You can use this gel on your face, body, or even during shaving.
We also loved how soothing it feels on sunburnt and irritated skin.
- Contains certified organic aloe vera
- USDA-approved formula
- Smell can be overwhelming
The Face Shop Jeju Aloe Fresh Soothing Gel
Best Pure Korean Aloe Vera Gel
I think Face Shop is one Korean brand that enjoys worldwide popularity. So it’s no surprise that this gel is on our list.
The aloe vera used in the Face Shop Aloe Fresh Gel comes from the famed Jeju island in Korea.
Apart from aloe, this product also contains several nourishing herbs including sage, rosemary, basil, lemon balm, mugwort, chamomile, and lavender among others.
- Pure aloe vera from Korea’s Jeju island
- Contains herbal ingredients apart from aloe
- Affordable price
- Contains alcohol
- Can aggravate fungal acne
Isntree Aloe Soothing Gel
Best Korean Aloe Vera Gel For Oily Skin
If you’re looking for an aloe gel with more cosmetic benefits, you should try the Instree Aloe Soothing Gel. This one’s got only 50 percent aloe vera concentrate. But it still packs a punch!
There are several other natural ingredients like Camellia extracts, Centella Asiatica extracts, and licorice extracts. These soothe, nourish, and brighten the skin.
Panthenol helps with reducing redness and dryness, while witch hazel regulates sebum production, giving you hydrated, soft, and non-greasy skin.
- High-quality aloe vera extracts sourced from California
- Non-greasy gel finish
- Reduces oil production on skin
- Does not contain synthetic fragrances
- Not pure aloe vera gel
- Contains astringents which are not suitable for dry skin types
The Saem Aloe Jeju Fresh Soothing Gel 99%
SAEM Jeju Fresh Aloe is another Korean aloe vera gel that claims to be 99 percent pure. And it almost is!
This is a multitasking product that can be used on your face, hair, and nails too. It also works as a good aftershave and cooling gel.
But the only issue we have with the aloe gel is the fragrance. It’s too strong to be natural.
And all that added perfume cannot good for sensitive skin!
- 99 percent pure aloe vera from Jeju island
- Can be used as cooling mask and aftershave
- Antibacterial properties
- Strong added fragrance
Innisfree Aloe Revital Soothing Gel
This product isn’t just an aloe vera gel, it’s more of a skin/hair moisturizer that contains aloe vera gel. But surprisingly that isn’t a problem.
It is free of other chemicals usually found in skincare products like these (such as mineral oil, triethanolamine, silicone oil, artificial colorants, synthetic fragrances, and surfactants).
Instead, it contains Madecassoside that helps retain moisture in your skin cells and prevents inflammation and irritation.
Madecassoside is nothing but extracts of Centella Asiatica, a very popular Korean herb that is found in most K-beauty products.
- High-quality aloe vera extracts sourced from Jeju island
- Special moisture-retaining ingredients added
- Not pure aloe vera gel
- Not for skin with fungal acne
Etude House 99% Aloe Soothing Gel
This is one of the Korean aloe vera gels on our list that claims to be 99 percent pure. And yes to an extent this is true.
It contains 99 percent pure aloe extract, but there are other ingredients like preservatives and stabilizers. While these may not harm your skin directly, they can still trigger sensitivity in very delicate skin.
But one extra ingredient that we did like was NMF. It helps retain moisture in your skin cells and prevents skin from becoming dry and flaky.
Despite this, the aloe vera gel seemed very lightweight and almost watery. So it was not very moisturizing.
If you want a mild moisturizer for oily or combination skin types, this is a good choice.
The good thing is that you can use this product as an aftershave, for sunburns, after your tanning sessions, as an under-eye pack and in so many other ways.
- Lightweight texture
- Can be used as aftershave and under-eye pack as well
- Good for oily skin
- Not very moisturizing
- Fragile packaging
- Contains many added ingredients
Which Korean aloe vera gel is the best?
We decided to test these aloe vera gels on the basis of purity, ingredients added, mildness, and price. After our research and looking at other user reviews, we’ve determined that Holika Holika Aloe 99% Soothing Gel is the best Korean aloe vera gel.
The Holika Holika Aloe 99% Soothing Gel contains pure aloe vera ingredients. But apart from that, this Korean aloe vera gel also contains Centella, bamboo, cucumber, and other natural extracts that nourish skin and hair. This Korean aloe vera gel is also very affordable. It also suits most skin types like dry, oily, or combination.
The Benefits of Using Aloe Vera Gel
There are several reasons why you should use aloe vera gel on your face. Some of the pros of this gel include:
- Aloe vera helps hydrate your skin without leaving it greasy
- It can help calm sunburns and other irritation
- Aloe helps in preventing sensitive skin from getting inflamed often
- This pure gel can be used as a natural after-shave for men
How to choose the right Korean aloe vera gel?
When choosing an aloe vera gel consider the following points:
- Choose a product with the highest percentage of gel (<90 percent)
- It should contain very few added ingredients
- The added ingredients should be nourishing and complement your skin
- Avoid gels with silicones, parabens, artificial dyes and fragrances
- Try to find aloe vera gels with organic ingredients
- Make sure the price of the aloe gel is suitable
- Try different brands till you find the right one
What ingredients to avoid while buying aloe vera gel?
When buying the best Korean aloe vera gel, here’s what you need to remember to avoid.
- Avoid buying aloe vera gels with alcohol if you have very dry skin or scalp. This ingredient will dry your face or hair further.
- Do not get aloe gels with artificial dyes or scents if you have sensitive skin. These can irritate your face and cause redness, itching, etc.
- Be careful with surfactants or emulsifiers They are used in most gels to turn pure aloe gel (which is liquid) to a gel consistency.
- Try to do an allergy test or patch test if you have eczema or very sensitive skin before buying aloe vera gels with emulsifiers.
- Some aloe gels contain witch hazel which is an astringent. It’s fantastic for oily skin but not for dry or combination skin types.
How to use Korean aloe vera gel?
The best thing about Korean aloe vera gels is that they can be used for face and hair. Here are some ways you can use these aloe vera gels.
Face Mask – You can mix aloe vera gel with you homemade face pack. Most women use bentonite clay, yogurt, charcoal or other ingredients as face mask.You can add aloe vera to it to improve consistency and to make it more hydrating.
Hair Mask – Another way to use aloe vera gel is to add it your hair mask or rinse-off conditioner. It’ll help smoothen your strands and hydrate dull, dry hair.
With Essential Oils – Aloe vera and essential oils make a great skincare or haircare remedy. You can add 3-4 drops of tea tree oil with aloe vera and apply it on your face or scalp to control inflammation. Lavender, lemon and eucalyptus essential oils also help control excess oil production.
As Moisturizer – If you have oily skin and heavy creams and lotions are not for you, try using pure aloe vera gel as an everyday moisturizer. It’s lightweight and hydrating at the same time and doesn’t clog your pores.
Leave-in conditioner/serum – Want to get rid of dryness and frizz? A bit of aloe vera mixed with olive oil or argan oil will do the trick. You can also add a few fragrant essential oils to create your very own hair serum at home.
Aloe vera has several healing properties. And the best Korean aloe vera gel combines this goodness with the magic of other nourishing ingredients like ginseng, propolis, and more. So we find using a Korean aloe gel is better than using a regular brand.
Holika Holika 99% Aloe Vera Gel
Korean aloe vera gels soothe skin and leave it feeling soft and nourished. The Holika Holika Aloe Vera Gel contains 99 per cent pure aloe vera extracts and is good for all skin types.
Product SKU: NM191N1
Product Brand: Holika Holika
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: $9.99
Price Valid Until: 2022-10-15
Product In-Stock: InStock