Aloe vera gel has now become a cult-beauty ingredient. People swear by it! And the best Korean aloe vera gel combines the goodness of aloe with the effectiveness of K-beauty products.
What’s green, healthy, and refreshing? Aloe vera! This little plant has enjoyed celebrity status in the skincare world in the past few years. And for good reason too.
Related: Best Korean moisturizer for dry skin
The gel extracted from the aloe plant is rich in several vitamins and minerals. It’s hydrating without being greasy so people love it as a moisturizer for oily skin.
Natural aloe vera gel also helps soothe inflammation and redness. A lot of korean skincare brands are now using this ingredient in their products.
|Korean Aloe Vera Gel||Best For||Chief Ingredients|
|Holika Holika Aloe 99% Soothing Gel||Inflamed, Sun Burnt Skin||Aloe Vera, Centella Asiatica, Watermelon Extracts|
|Nature Republic 92% Aloe Vera Gel||Acne-Prone Skin||Aloe Vera, Sodium Hyaluronate, Calendula, Spearmint|
|Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel||Mature Skin||Aloe Vera, Propolis, Matricaria Flower Extract|
|Tony Moly Aloe 99% Chok Chok Soothing Gel||Combination to Dry Skin||Aloe Vera, Glycerin, Water|
|Aromatica 95% Organic Aloe Vera Gel||Sensitive Skin||Aloe Vera, Hinoki Cypress Extract, Rosemary Extract|
|The Face Shop Jeju Aloe Fresh Soothing Gel||Oily Skin||Aloe Vera, Spearmint, Lemon Balm, Lavender, Basil, Bergamot, Sage|
|Isntree Aloe Soothing Gel||Skin Brightening||Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel, Licorice, Centella Asiatica|
Top Korean Aloe Vera Gel 2021
We’ve created this list to find out which among these Korean skincare products is the best Korean aloe vera gel of 2021.
Holika Holika Aloe 99% Soothing Gel
Best Korean Aloe Vera Gel For Sunburnt Skin
Holika Holika is a very popular Korean aloe vera gel brand. We put this gel on the top because it’s got one of the highest concentrations of aloe vera in the market.
But what really makes this one stand out is the presence of other nourishing ingredients along with aloe vera.
You’ll find lotus extracts, which gives it anti-aging properties, cucumber extracts that soothe inflammation, and Centella extracts that give your skin a burst of antioxidants.
And there are no harmful additives like BHT, mineral oil, parabens, or silicones here either.
We also loved how non-greasy and non-sticky it feels on your skin. Just the thing for people with oily skin! The cucumber fragrance is also very pleasant.
- 99 percent pure aloe gel
- No greasy film
- Wonderful cucumber scent
- Contains lotus, bamboo, Centella Asiatica, among others
- Contains added perfume
- Difficult to get product from packaging
- Contains emulsifiers to improve consistency
Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel
Best Korean Aloe Vera Gel For Dry Skin
Another of the top Korean aloe vera gel is this product by Nature’s Republic, an affordable Korean skincare brand. With 92 percent pure aloe vera gel, this is one of our favorites on this list.
The main reason why we like this product is the added calendula extract. If you have acne, irritation, rashes, or any kind of sensitivity at all, this is the go-to aloe gel for you.
As it’s free of artificial dyes and fragrances, we recommend this product for peeps with sensitive skin type. And also, it’s fantastic for oily skin as it’s super light and non-sticky.
It does contain alcohol though. So we think people with dry skin should be wary of this one.
- Calendula extracts added
- Easily absorbed
- Non-sticky, non-greasy consistency
- Free from silicones and mineral oils
- No artificial dyes or fragrances
- Pleasant, natural scent
- Contains emulsifiers for thickening
- Contains alcohol
Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel
Best Korean Aloe Vera Gel For Aging Skin
If you’ve got acne scars, wrinkles or fine lines, this is the best Korean aloe vera gel for you! While this doesn’t contain as much aloe concentrate like the products by Holika Holika, it’s still fantastic for your skin.
The secret to this aloe gel is the 10 percent bee propolis extracts in it. This cult-beauty ingredient helps skin heal, causes cells to regenerate, improves elasticity, and reduces dryness and flakiness.
- Contains healing propolis extract
- Contains cucumber and chamomile extracts
- Free from mineral oil, silicone, paraben, and other harmful substances
- No alcohol content
- No artificial dyes or fragrances
- Can leave a sticky residue on skin
Tony Moly Aloe 99% Chok Chok Soothing Gel
Best Korean Aloe Vera Gel For Sensitive Skin
Another high concentration Korean aloe gel is this one by popular brand Tony Moly. Apart from aloe, the Chok Chok contains Camellia extracts which is an excellent anti-inflammatory agent.
This gel helps reduce redness, acne breakouts, and normalizes the production of sebum too.
It’s also got rosewood and lemon essential oils which gives it that amazing, natural scent.
- Has 99 percent pure aloe vera gel
- Natural scent from essential oils
- Acne-fighting tea tree oil formula
- Contain alcohol which can dry out skin
- Contains emulsifiers for thickening
Aromatica 95% Organic Aloe Vera Gel
Best Korean Aloe Vera Gel For Hair
There are several reasons why we love the Aromatica Aloe Vera Gel. It’s got a healthy, 95 percent concentration of aloe vera extracts. And the best part? It’s completely organic and USDA-approved.
This gel is also good if you’re a vegan and want something cruelty-free. You can use this gel on your face, body, or even during shaving.
We also loved how soothing it feels on sunburnt and irritated skin.
- Contains certified organic aloe vera
- USDA-approved formula
- Smell can be overwhelming
The Face Shop Jeju Aloe Fresh Soothing Gel
Best Pure Korean Aloe Vera Gel
I think Face Shop is one Korean brand that enjoys worldwide popularity. So it’s no surprise that this gel is on our list.
The aloe vera used in the Face Shop Aloe Fresh Gel comes from the famed Jeju island in Korea.
Apart from aloe, this product also contains several nourishing herbs including sage, rosemary, basil, lemon balm, mugwort, chamomile, and lavender among others.
- Pure aloe vera from Korea’s Jeju island
- Contains herbal ingredients apart from aloe
- Affordable price
- Contains alcohol
- Can aggravate fungal acne
Isntree Aloe Soothing Gel
Best Korean Aloe Vera Gel For Oily Skin
If you’re looking for an aloe gel with more cosmetic benefits, you should try the Instree Aloe Soothing Gel. This one’s got only 50 percent aloe vera concentrate. But it still packs a punch!
There are several other natural ingredients like Camellia extracts, Centella Asiatica extracts, and licorice extracts. These soothe, nourish, and brighten the skin.
Panthenol helps with reducing redness and dryness, while witch hazel regulates sebum production, giving you hydrated, soft, and non-greasy skin.
- High-quality aloe vera extracts sourced from California
- Non-greasy gel finish
- Reduces oil production on skin
- Does not contain synthetic fragrances
- Not pure aloe vera gel
- Contains astringents which are not suitable for dry skin types
The Saem Aloe Jeju Fresh Soothing Gel 99%
SAEM Jeju Fresh Aloe is another Korean aloe vera gel that claims to be 99 percent pure. And it almost is!
This is a multitasking product that can be used on your face, hair, and nails too. It also works as a good aftershave and cooling gel.
But the only issue we have with the aloe gel is the fragrance. It’s too strong to be natural.
And all that added perfume cannot good for sensitive skin!
- 99 percent pure aloe vera from Jeju island
- Can be used as cooling mask and aftershave
- Antibacterial properties
- Strong added fragrance
Innisfree Aloe Revital Soothing Gel
This product isn’t just an aloe vera gel, it’s more of a skin/hair moisturizer that contains aloe vera gel. But surprisingly that isn’t a problem.
It is free of other chemicals usually found in skincare products like these (such as mineral oil, triethanolamine, silicone oil, artificial colorants, synthetic fragrances, and surfactants).
Instead, it contains Madecassoside that helps retain moisture in your skin cells and prevents inflammation and irritation.
Madecassoside is nothing but extracts of Centella Asiatica, a very popular Korean herb that is found in most K-beauty products.
- High-quality aloe vera extracts sourced from Jeju island
- Special moisture-retaining ingredients added
- Not pure aloe vera gel
- Not for skin with fungal acne
Etude House 99% Aloe Soothing Gel
This is one of the Korean aloe vera gels on our list that claims to be 99 percent pure. And yes to an extent this is true.
It contains 99 percent pure aloe extract, but there are other ingredients like preservatives and stabilizers. While these may not harm your skin directly, they can still trigger sensitivity in very delicate skin.
But one extra ingredient that we did like was NMF. It helps retain moisture in your skin cells and prevents skin from becoming dry and flaky.
Despite this, the aloe vera gel seemed very lightweight and almost watery. So it was not very moisturizing.
If you want a mild moisturizer for oily or combination skin types, this is a good choice.
The good thing is that you can use this product as an aftershave, for sunburns, after your tanning sessions, as an under-eye pack and in so many other ways.
- Lightweight texture
- Can be used as aftershave and under-eye pack as well
- Good for oily skin
- Not very moisturizing
- Fragile packaging
- Contains many added ingredients
Which Korean aloe vera gel is the best?
We decided to test these aloe vera gels on the basis of purity, ingredients added, mildness, and price. After our research and looking at other user reviews, we’ve determined that Holika Holika Aloe 99% Soothing Gel is the best Korean aloe vera gel.
The Holika Holika Aloe 99% Soothing Gel contains pure aloe vera ingredients. But apart from that, this Korean aloe vera gel also contains Centella, bamboo, cucumber, and other natural extracts that nourish skin and hair. This Korean aloe vera gel is also very affordable. It also suits most skin types like dry, oily, or combination.
The Benefits of Using Aloe Vera Gel
There are several reasons why you should use aloe vera gel on your face. Some of the pros of this gel include:
- Aloe vera helps hydrate your skin without leaving it greasy
- It can help calm sunburns and other irritation
- Aloe helps in preventing sensitive skin from getting inflamed often
- This pure gel can be used as a natural after-shave for men
How to choose the right Korean aloe vera gel?
When choosing an aloe vera gel consider the following points:
- Choose a product with the highest percentage of gel (<90 percent)
- It should contain very few added ingredients
- The added ingredients should be nourishing and complement your skin
- Avoid gels with silicones, parabens, artificial dyes and fragrances
- Try to find aloe vera gels with organic ingredients
- Make sure the price of the aloe gel is suitable
- Try different brands till you find the right one
What ingredients to avoid while buying aloe vera gel?
When buying the best Korean aloe vera gel, here’s what you need to remember to avoid.
- Avoid buying aloe vera gels with alcohol if you have very dry skin or scalp. This ingredient will dry your face or hair further.
- Do not get aloe gels with artificial dyes or scents if you have sensitive skin. These can irritate your face and cause redness, itching, etc.
- Be careful with surfactants or emulsifiers They are used in most gels to turn pure aloe gel (which is liquid) to a gel consistency.
- Try to do an allergy test or patch test if you have eczema or very sensitive skin before buying aloe vera gels with emulsifiers.
- Some aloe gels contain witch hazel which is an astringent. It’s fantastic for oily skin but not for dry or combination skin types.
How to use Korean aloe vera gel?
The best thing about Korean aloe vera gels is that they can be used for face and hair. Here are some ways you can use these aloe vera gels.
Face Mask – You can mix aloe vera gel with you homemade face pack. Most women use bentonite clay, yogurt, charcoal or other ingredients as face mask.You can add aloe vera to it to improve consistency and to make it more hydrating.
Hair Mask – Another way to use aloe vera gel is to add it your hair mask or rinse-off conditioner. It’ll help smoothen your strands and hydrate dull, dry hair.
With Essential Oils – Aloe vera and essential oils make a great skincare or haircare remedy. You can add 3-4 drops of tea tree oil with aloe vera and apply it on your face or scalp to control inflammation. Lavender, lemon and eucalyptus essential oils also help control excess oil production.
As Moisturizer – If you have oily skin and heavy creams and lotions are not for you, try using pure aloe vera gel as an everyday moisturizer. It’s lightweight and hydrating at the same time and doesn’t clog your pores.
Leave-in conditioner/serum – Want to get rid of dryness and frizz? A bit of aloe vera mixed with olive oil or argan oil will do the trick. You can also add a few fragrant essential oils to create your very own hair serum at home.
Aloe vera has several healing properties. And the best Korean aloe vera gel combines this goodness with the magic of other nourishing ingredients like ginseng, propolis, and more. So we find using a Korean aloe gel is better than using a regular brand.