Korean skincare seems to have a solution for all your skin troubles! But did you know that you can use the best Korean lip balm to nourish your lips as well?
I love using Korean skincare for the sheer variety it offers. You can find moisturizers, serums, and other such products tailored specifically for your skin type.
But the one area of your face people don’t seem to pay attention to is the lips. Your lips need the same amount of moisturization and protection as your skin.
They are also susceptible to darkening and damage due to sun exposure, harsh weather, and other such reasons.
|Best Korean Lip Balms||Best For||Chief Ingredients|
|SKINFOOD Tomato Jelly Tint Lip Balm||Tinted Lips||Vitamin E, Tomato Extracts, Jojoba Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil|
|TONYMOLY Mini Cherry Lip Balm||SPF Formula||Shea Butter, Witch Hazel, Tea Tree Oil|
|Laneige Lip Glowy Balm||Dry Lips||Shea Butter, Murumuru Seed Butter, Candelilla|
|NOONI Applemint Hydrating Lip Oil||Chapped Cracking Lips||Apple Water, Mint Extract, Botanical Oils|
|I DEW CARE Glow Easy Tinted Lip Oil||Dark Lips||Raspberry Oil, Jojoba Oil, Sweet Almond Oil|
|Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Lipair||Lips with Sensitive Skin||Ceramides, Jojoba Oil, Avocado Oil|
|Sulwhasoo Essential Lip Serum Stick||Plump Lips||Camellia Oil, Safflower Oil|
So the one thing you can do to protect your lips is to use a good Korean lip balm! And there are tinted versions of these balms that give you the benefit of lip colors as well.
How I tested the best Korean lip balm?
I used these Korean lip balms myself and then tested them on the basis of the parameters given below. Next, with some help from my team of skincare experts, I rated them on a scale of 1-5.
- Ingredients: I rated the Korean lip balms with natural ingredients higher than the ones with alcohol, added perfumes, and other common chemical components.
- Moisturizing Power: Products that provided more nourishment and for a longer time were rated higher.
- SPF: I also checked if the lip balms contained SPF and if they protected against UV damage.
Top Korean Lip Balm 2023
How To Select The Best Korean Lip Balm For Yourself
When selecting the best Korean lip balm for yourself, consider the following factors to find a product that suits your needs:
- Ingredients: Check the ingredient list for lip balms that contain nourishing and hydrating ingredients such as shea butter, cocoa butter, beeswax, plant oils (jojoba oil, coconut oil, almond oil), and natural extracts. Avoid lip balms with potential irritants like fragrances, artificial dyes, or harsh chemicals.
- Moisturizing Power: Look for lip balms that provide long-lasting moisture and hydration. Consider the formulation and texture of the lip balm. Some may be more lightweight and easily absorbed, while others may provide a thicker, more occlusive barrier on the lips.
- Sun Protection: Protecting your lips from the sun is crucial. Choose a lip balm with SPF (sun protection factor) to shield your lips from harmful UV rays. Look for broad-spectrum protection, which helps defend against both UVA and UVB rays.
- Specific Concerns: Consider any specific concerns you have regarding your lips. If you have dry or chapped lips, look for lip balms specifically formulated for intense hydration and repair. For sensitive lips, opt for products labeled as hypoallergenic or designed for sensitive skin.
- Tint or Color: Some Korean lip balms offer a tint or color option if you prefer a subtle hint of color on your lips. These tinted lip balms can add a touch of vibrancy while providing moisture and protection.
- Brand Reputation: Consider reputable Korean skincare brands known for their quality products. Look for brands with positive customer reviews, a focus on natural and effective ingredients, and a commitment to safety and ethical practices.
- Personal Preference: Everyone’s lips are unique, so what works for others may not necessarily work for you. Consider your personal preferences in terms of texture, scent, packaging, and any other factors that are important to you.
- Price and Availability: Set a budget and consider the availability of the lip balm. Korean skincare offers a range of lip balms at different price points. Ensure the product is easily accessible for repurchasing if you find it to be effective for your lips.
It can be helpful to read reviews from trusted sources or fellow users to gather insights on the performance, feel, and overall effectiveness of different lip balms. Remember, finding the best lip balm may require some trial and error, as what works for one person may not work for another.
I’ve reviewed some of the best Korean lip balms that are popular today, here’s what I found!
SKINFOOD Tomato Jelly Tint Lip Balm
Best Korean Lip Balm Tint
This lip balm by Skinfood is the first product I tried out. And I got it mostly because I liked the tomato red tint promised by the balm.
However, this balm is a bit sheer than I expected. But it’s certainly not a bad thing. It left my lips with a very natural pink tint.
The lip balm contains jojoba oil and Macadamia nut oil which is supposed to be super moisturizing.
Unfortunately, this is not so! My lips got dry very soon after application. And the reapplications didn’t seem to help either.
I didn’t like the taste of the waxy lip balm either. The fragrance was a bit too artificial for me, but it might be to some users’ preference.
All in all, I wouldn’t suggest this lip balm if you have severely chapped lips. You can use it as a light lip tint over a more moisturizing product.
- The tint looks natural and not too sheer
- Moisturizing botanical oils
- Jelly-like consistency
- Not moisturizing enough
- Waxy taste and fragrance
- Color comes out paler than expected
TONYMOLY Mini Cherry Lip Balm
Best Korean Lip Balm With SPF
I had so much about Tonymoly products, especially this mini lip balm. And looking at the cutesy packaging I can see why people are so eager to get their hands on this product.
But the lip balm formula isn’t bad either. It’s very moisturizing because of ingredients like shea butter, beeswax, and carnauba wax.
And the best part? This Korean lip balm contains SPF 15, which might not be much, but it’s still a step above no SPF.
There’s also tea tree oil in it which can have a plumping effect on your lips.
Another thing I liked about this Tonymoly balm is the fragrance. It smells divine!
However, I didn’t want to spend a lot of money on a lip balm, every other month just for the fragrance.
Yes, this product is too expensive for the amount of lip balm in the container.
- Contains SPF 15
- Plumps your lips
- Smells amazing
- Travel-friendly, cute packaging
- Very little product for the price
Laneige Lip Glowy Balm
Best Korean Lip Balm For Dry Lips
I’ve already been using the Laneige Water Bomb moisturizer, so I thought I’ll check out their lip balms as well.
And I’m glad I did because their Glowy Balm collection is absolutely amazing.
What I liked what these lip balms also function as a sheer lip gloss. They coat your lips with a high-shine glossy finish.
But if you’re looking for a tinted lip balm you’ll be disappointed as this product gives a very natural finish.
- Glossy finish
- Very hydrating
- Variety of flavors available
- Fruity scent
- Not tinted
NOONI Applemint Hydrating Lip Oil
Best Korean Lip Balm For Chapped Lips
This product by Korean brand Nooni really caught my attention due to its unique formula.
Technically, you can’t call it a lip “balm” as it’s liquid and doesn’t have a creamy consistency.
But this hydrating lip oil does the job of a lip balm… and then some more!
Of course, there’s a botanical blend of oils including jojoba oil and Camellia oil that nourish your lips and keep them soft.
However, it contains an interesting ingredient in the form of apple water. Now apple water is rich in AHAs that help remove dead cells from the surface of your skin.
So this lip oil keeps your pout looking smooth and pink just like a baby’s would!
There’s also a bit of mint oil in there to give your lips that plumpness.
I was skeptical of using this product because I thought using a lip oil would be more messy or inconvenient than using a lip balm.
But this wasn’t true at all! The packaging is compact and comes with an applicator brush. You can apply it just like you’d a lip gloss.
I also commend Nooni’s efforts as this lip balm is vegan and cruelty-free.
- Ultra-nourishing oil-based formula
- Removes rough, dead skin cells from chapped lips
- Vegan and cruelty-free formula
- Easy-to-use packaging
- Leaves a light tint on your lips
- Not enough color variety
- Applicator brush feels a bit rough
- Product can leak if kept sideways or in a purse
I DEW CARE Glow Easy Vitamin C Tinted Lip Oil
Best Korean Lip Balm For Dark Lips
I got hooked on using lip oils after trying the Nooni Hydrating Oil, so I thought I’ll try another one by the company I Dew Care.
The first thing I could notice was that this lip oil is so much more tinted than Nooni. Right of the bat, I could see my lips turning a bright pink on application.
This can be a bit overwhelming for people who don’t really like bright colors to beware.
The I Dew Care lip balm is also more nourishing than the Nooni one. I could feel my lips staying hydrated for a longer time with this lip balm.
There’s also a blend of natural oils here which includes jojoba oil, olive oil, sweet almond oil, and raspberry oil.
This product is also very vitamin-rich. Vitamin C especially helps remove pigmentation and keeps your lips naturally pink. And the lip balm tastes and smells amazing too!
I just want to warn anyone against carrying it in their purse though. It will leak. So be careful to store it upright always.
- Hydrating oil formula
- Bright tint
- Vitamin-rich natural oils
- Smells and tastes good
- Cruelty-free and vegan
- Product leaks easily
- Applicator brush too short
Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Lipair
Best Korean Lip Balm For Sensitive Lips
I’ve noticed one complaint about lip balms that they contain too many harsh ingredients and do not suit sensitive skin.
This is especially true for the ones with heavily tinted formulas.
So I decided to give the Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Lip balm a try. I had previously used the Dr. Jart+ Cermadin Cream when reviewing moisturizers for sensitive skin, so I had high hopes for this product.
The truth? I was a bit disappointed. This lip balm contains 5 types of ceramides that help keep your lip’s moisture barrier intact. But it’s not hydrating enough for winter days.
And there’s no alcohol to inflame sensitive skin, but it does contain an added perfuming agent which gives it the floral fragrance.
I was also a bit disappointed to see the lack of SPF or any UV protection as this would be a good lip balm for summer use otherwise.
- No alcohol
- Good for sensitive skin
- Sheer formula
- Very hydrating
- No SPF protection
- Floral fragrance too strong for some
- Not for winter use
- No tint
Sulwhasoo Essential Lip Serum Stick
Best Korean Lip Balm Overall
I was really excited while using this product because, if there can be a skincare serum why not have a lip care serum too?
And I was glad I tried this Korean lip balm as this product checks all the boxes for me. It leaves a light tint on your lips.
But it’s not too bright like the I Dew Care lip oil or too pale like the Skinfood balm.
It also contains a lot of nourishing ingredients like apricot kernel oil, jojoba oil, and camellia oil that help hydrate your lips and keep them plump.
The fragrance is also mild and pleasant. I do however feel perfume shouldn’t have been added at all as it can be drying on sensitive lip skin.
But hey we can’t have everything!
- Contains hydrating serum to nourish lips
- Mild fragrance
- Tinted balm
- Added perfume
Our lips do so much, speak, eat, kiss! So why should we neglect taking care of them?
A suitable Korean lip balm can keep your lips looking soft, luscious, and plump!
The best thing about these lip balms is that they are available in both sheer and tinted varieties.
So you can skip on the lipsticks and glosses and just use these multitasking products or wear them as a layer below your makeup.
Why You Should Trust Koreatruly?
All our editors including the author of this article, Song-i do extensive research on the products reviewed and recommended in the article. We also use these products ourself to give you accurate, first hand information without any prejudice or bias. Koreatruly has also got a team of medical reviewers and skincare experts to help give accurate advice and provide research-based facts concerning a product, its formulation or ingredients.
SKINFOOD Tomato Jelly Tint Lip
The best Korean lip balm is one that moisturizes chapped lips and leaves them plump and soft. The SKINFOOD Tomato Jelly Tint Lip has a subtle pink tint.
Product SKU: SKFBKQ0224L2N
Product Brand: SKINFOOD
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: $9.00
Price Valid Until: 2024-06-01
Product In-Stock: InStock