Here are some of the top Korean skincare products with niacinamide. This ingredient is found in Korean products for hyperpigmentation, dark spots and acne scars.
Why I love Korean skincare is because they always use the most effective and innovative ingredients.
Niacinamide is one such ingredient that is very sought after in the Korean skincare industry right now. It’s a water-soluble form of vitamin B3 and has several benefits, most notably skin brightening.
You can find this ingredient mostly in skin whitening products like serums and creams. But it is also very effective in improving skin elasticity and moisture barrier.
So you can see it being included in anti-ageing products and moisturizers as well.
Related: Why Snail Mucin Is Good For Skin
|Korean Skincare Products With Niacinamide||Best For||Top Ingredients (apart from Niacinamide)|
|SOME BY MI Yuja Niacin Brightening Sleeping Mask||Melasma||Citron Oil|
|Isntree C-Niacin Toning Cream||Uneven Skin Tone||Sea Buckthorn Oil|
|Manyo Factory Bifida Biome Complex Essence||Dry, Pigmented Skin||Galactomyes|
|I’m From Rice Toner||Dark Spots, Oily Skin||Rice Water|
|I DEW CARE Glow-Key Eye Cream||Dark Circles, Dull Skin||Meadowfoam Seed Oil|
How I tested the best Korean skincare products with niacinamide?
I tested several Korean skincare products with niacinamide including creams, toners, serums, and ampoules by using them myself. I then rated them on a scale of 1-5, judging them on the following parameters.
- Whitening Effect – The first I looked for is how good the niacinamide product is at whitening skin and reducing the effects of my melasma
- Anti-Aging Benefits – Niacinamide is also supposed to help with signs of aging so I checked if it’s good at reducing wrinkles and improving skin’s elasticity
- Moisturization & Soothing Effect – I also checked how good the niacinamide is at strengthening skin’s moisture barrier and soothing inflammation
Top Korean Skincare Products With Niacinamide 2022
There are several studies to prove the effect of Niacinamide on human skin. So I was very excited to try these products out. And here’s how it went.
SOME BY MI Yuja Niacin Brightening Sleeping Mask
Best Niacinamide Sleeping Mask
I reviewed this product as I was recommended it by a friend. I have melasma which is basically a form of hyperpigmentation so I’m down to trying anything that helps with it.
And I was pleasantly surprised to see how well this sleeping mask worked in reducing my dark spots and brightening my skin tone. It worked like magic!
This sleeping mask contains 5 percent of niacinamide which is a very strong concentration for a face mask. So I was happy about that.
I also liked the other top ingredient in this mask which is 70 percent citron extract as it basically douses your skin in Vitamin C.
The only downside to this sleeping mask is that the vitamin C might make it unsuitable for very dry skin or inflamed skin.
I could see the packaging itself warns against people having eczema or dermatitis from using this product.
- Strong concentration of niacinamide which helps in skin whitening
- Vitamin C from Yuzu oil helps melasma
- Natural citrusy fragrance that is very pleasant
- Contains glutathione that helps with softening skin
- Not suitable for people with inflamed skin, eczema, dermatitis
- Might not be moisturizing enough for people with dry skin
- Whitening Effect – 5/5
- Anti-Aging Benefits – 3.5/5
- Moisturization & Soothing Effect – 3/5
Who It’s Best For – People with melasma, oily skin
Isntree C-Niacin Toning Cream
Best Niacinamide Moisturizer
I always find niacinamide in serums or essences which is great if you have a multi-step skincare routine. But I have decided to cut down the steps in my routine as of late, so it was refreshing to find a niacin-based moisturizer.
What I liked about this product is that it’s sort of a multi-talented cream. It obviously contains niacinamide, but the chief ingredient sea buckthorn is chock full of vitamin C.
I could see the cream beginning to show its effects after just 2 weeks of daily use. My skin tone looked brighter overall and I also felt my melasma spots were looking lighter.
Unlike most niacinamide serums, this cream contains nourishishing ingredients like argan oil and mango butter that function to moisturize skin.
Now I have a normal to oily skin type so just using this cream alone suited me fine. But if you have very dry skin, you might want to add a layer of hyaluronic acid serum before applying thte cream.
There’s nothing I didn’t like about the product. But as it contains high levels of vitamin C, people with flaky skin, dermatitis and eczema should definitely stay away from it.
- Combines the effect of moisturizer and skin brightening product
- Vitamin C helps even skin tone and reduce dark spot in just days of using
- Moisturizing ingredients (like argan oil) keep skin soft
- Not suitable for very dry skin as vitamin C can further dry it
- Vitamin C in excess is also not suitable for eczema or dermatitis-prone skin
- Whitening Effect – 4.5/5
- Anti-Aging Benefits – 3.5/5
- Moisturization & Soothing Effect – 4/5
Who It’s Best For – People with uneven skin tone, pigmentation
Manyo Factory Bifida Biome Complex Essence
Best Niacinamide Essence
Now most Korean skincare products with niacinamide pair this ingredient with either glutathione or vitamin C as these are skin brightening agents as well. And products with these 3 ingredients like the Some By Mi Yuja mask can be super effective at removing pigmentation.
But I was pleasantly surprised to see that this essence combines 97 percent galactomyes filtrate with 2 percent niacinamide. As galactomyes is very good at protecting skin’s moisture barrier, it’s fantastic for dry skin folks!
I also really liked the watery consistency of the essence as it gets absorbed in seconds after you use it on your skin.
When I used it regularly in my daily skincare routine I found the essence helped in removing my hyper pigmentation and also improving my skin texture.
People with sensitive skin will also be happy to know that there’s no perfume here so you can use it safely.
The only downside? This essence “purges” your skin. It means for some people you can see issues like inflammation and acne get worse while you’re using it.
However, it’s only going to be like that until your skin “settles” and gets used to this essence, so don’t freak out.
- Contains galactomyes that moisturize and protect skin
- Watery formula gets absorbed in seconds and is very light on skin
- Contains sodium hyaluronate that hydrates skin cells
- Can make acne worse until skin starts getting used to the essence
- Whitening Effect – 4.5/5
- Anti-Aging Benefits – 4/5
- Moisturization & Soothing Effect – 4.5/5
Who It’s Best For – Dry, sensitive skin
I’m From Rice Toner
Best Niacinamide Toner
I got intrigued by this toner as it promised to be completely free of harsh ingredients and also boasted of a certificate from PETA assuring that it’s vegan and cruelty free.
What I found interesting about this toner is that it used rice water as a primary ingredient. Now rice water has been a traditional ingredient used since ancient times by women to tone their and even grow their hair.
So did it deliver the promised benefits? I’d say yes. But it wasn’t that out of the ordinary either.
I mean, this toner did reduce my pigmentation but it wasn’t as effective or quick as the SOME by Mi Yuja mask or the Instree toning cream.
If you’re looking for a brightening toner, I’m sure I could find several that offer the same benefits at a similar price.
I found it too expensive for the minimal befneifts it offered.
- Rice water helps brighten and tone skin
- Peta-approved, vegan product good for animal lovers
- Fragrance-free formula safe on sensitive skin
- Very expensive compared to other niacinamide products
- Can worsen breakouts if you have fungal acne
- Not very hydrating for dry skin
- Whitening Effect – 4/5
- Anti-Aging Benefits – 4.5/5
- Moisturization & Soothing Effect – 3.5/5
Who It’s Best For – People with dull, mature skin
I DEW CARE Glow-Key Eye Cream
Best Niacinamide Eye Cream
Okay, so I wasn’t expecting much when I got eye cream. But boy did it deliver! It might be my favorite product out of all the niacinamide ones I’ve reviewed here.
It comes in a really cute packaging and has a metal roller you can use to apply it under your eyes.
My dark circles seem to vanish within a week of use. And my under-eye skin felt so moisturized and supple.
My only grouse is that the quantity of the cream is very little, especially when you see how much you’ve paid for it.
But it’s an eye cream, so you’ll need to use only a little of it anyway. I could easily stretch this 15ml tub for 3 months.
- Comes with a practical (and very cute!) roller
- The meadowfoam oil and cocoa butter in it helps moisturise skin
- Contains added perfume that can irritate really sensitive skin
- Contains very little product for the price tag
- Whitening Effect –
- Anti-Aging Benefits –
- Moisturization & Soothing Effect –
Who It’s Best For – People with dark circles
Here’s a quick comparison of the different nicacinamide products in Korean skincare!
|Korean Skincare Products With Niacinamide||SOME BY MI Yuja Niacin Brightening Sleeping Mask||Isntree C-Niacin Toning Cream||Manyo Factory Bifida Biome Complex Essence||I’m From Rice Toner||I DEW CARE Glow-Key Eye Cream|
|Price||Affordable||Affordable||Affordable||Very Expensive||Slightly Expensive|
Niacinamide is one of the most popular ingredients in Korean skincare today. And as you can see from above for good reason too.
While it’s most known for its skin brightening and whitening effects, it’s also a fantastic ingredient for anti-ageing benefits.
You can usually find niacinamide in products like creams, toners, serums and ampoules in combination with other ingredients like vitamin C (skin brightening), snail mucin (anti-ageing), and hyaluronic acid (moisturization).
Or you can also use a standalone niacinamide serum and then layer it with these other skincare ingredients.
But make sure you consult a dermatologist before making significant changes to your skincare routine.
SOME BY MI Yuja Niacin Sleeping Mask
Using Korean skincare products with niacinamide can help whiten skin and reduce pigmentation. The SOME BY MI Yuja Niacin Sleeping Mask is good for all skin types.
Product SKU: SOMBY2MI2I9Y2Y87U
Product Brand: SOME BY MI
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: $13.80
Price Valid Until: 2022-10-01
Product In-Stock: InStock